Mark your planners, guys! The image, which outlines holidays identified under Proclamation No. 459 released Sept. 1, has been posted on government’s official Twitter account.
It shows four long weekends this year, a far cry from seven in 2012:
- March 28-31, 2013: Holy Week (Thursday to Sunday, 4 days)
- August 24-26, 2013: National Heroes Day (Saturday to Monday, 3 days)
- November 1-3, 2013: All Saints’ Day (Friday – Sunday, 3 days)
- December 28, 2013 – January 1, 2014: Rizal Day and Last Day of the Year (Saturday to Wednesday, 5 days)
But if you have a lot of vacation leaves to spare, you may want to consider these long vacations too:
- March 28 – April 9, 2013: 13 straight days, 6 vacation leaves
- August 21-26, 2013: 6 straight days, 2 vacation leaves
- December 24, 2013 – January 1, 2014: 9 straight days, 2 vacation leaves
That Christmas break is a gem! File your leaves as early as now! I actually booked a round trip flight to Seoul on August 22 1:15 am going back August 27, 12:35 am. Perfect!
Note that the national holidays in observance of the Islamic feasts Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha are not yet in the list. Google says Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha are happening on August 8 (Thursday) and October 14 (Monday) respectively. Long weekend alert!
Images taken from https://twitter.com/govph/status/285575416553537536/photo/1 and http://whatjayhastosay.blogspot.com/2012/08/hello-long-weekend.html.